Healing Through Connection
Group Therapy Services
Group Therapy Services
Addiction is a condition that commonly leads to feelings of loneliness and isolation; a devastating condition that separates the sufferer from their loved ones and makes fostering any sense of interpersonal connection nearly impossible. At Boca Detox we believe that one of the fundamental components of successful addiction treatment is mending interpersonal connections while fostering a vital sense of community. This is partially why group therapy serves as such an immensely powerful tool. Our group therapy sessions provide clients with a safe and supportive environment in which they can freely offer and accept support, learning to work with one another in overcoming recovery-related obstacles and simultaneously celebrating triumphs.
Benefits of Group Therapy
There are many benefits to regular group therapy sessions in an addiction treatment setting, including:
- The provision of peer-to-peer support. Group therapy sessions allow clients to offer one another feedback, constructive criticism and praise. Clients will learn how to graciously accept feedback from their peers without resorting to anger and aggression, and they will learn to provide feedback in a healthy and constructive manner.
- The development of vital recovery skills. Our group therapists work closely with clients, teaching them vital coping mechanisms that will ultimately prevent relapse once the treatment process is complete. One of our main priorities at Boca Detox is preparing clients for the road ahead. Clients will be equipped with all of the skills they need in order to successfully combat relapse triggers once they graduate from our addiction treatment program and move onto the next appropriate level of clinical care.
- Improved communication skills. Communication is essential to long-term sobriety. Clients will need to know how to adequately express themselves when they are struggling, which often means the difference between relapse and sustainable recovery. In group therapy sessions, clients gain insight as to how others perceive them and how they perceive themselves. They will learn to communicate calmly and effectively with others, identify and express their emotions and express their unique needs.
- The important understanding that no one is alone in their struggles. Because addiction is a disease of isolation, many men and women who have been suffering at the hands of an active addiction begin to believe that they are completely alone in their struggles. Group therapy sessions allow clients the opportunity to relate to one another, ultimately understanding that they are not alone, and that they can seek support from others who know exactly what they are going through.
We Are Here For You
Let Us Help You Heal
Our detoxification experience is second to none.
Learn how we can help by speaking with one of our Treatment Advisors today.
Group Therapy Methods
Group therapy is a highly versatile treatment modality. At Boca Detox we employ numerous types of group therapy sessions, all geared towards providing clients with a comprehensive treatment experience unlike any other.
The methods of groups therapy that Boca Detox most frequently utilizes include:
- Support Groups
- Educational Groups
- Life Skills Groups
- Relapse Prevention Training
- Experiential Therapy Groups
Gender-Specific Group Therapy
Being completely open and honest about personal struggles can be intimidating for those who are not used to opening up in a group setting. As human beings, we are naturally more inclined to open up about our personal struggles when we are surrounded by like-minded people — people we know can relate on some significant level. We might be inclined to open to people who are around the same age as we are, who have been through similar struggles or who are the same gender as we are. For this reason, Boca Detox offers gender-specific group therapy. Gender-specific group therapy sessions allow men and women to feel more comfortable opening up about gender-specific issues.
There are many interpersonal challenges that are unique to one gender or the other. For example, women are more likely to experience sexual trauma, and men are more likely to develop detrimental notions of masculinity.
Our Detox Services Include
In gender-specific group therapy sessions, our licensed therapists address pertinent issues that men and women tend to experience individually. Not only does this foster a sense of openness and honesty, but clients are able to deeply relate to one another and further recognize that they are not alone in their struggles.
Support Groups & Fostering Community
At Boca Detox we believe that there is strength in community, and that fostering a sense of belonging is crucial to the overall addiction recovery process. We offer safe, supportive and non-judgmental support groups in which clients can discuss the challenges that they face in early recovery. At Boca Detox we also offer our clients a thorough introduction to the 12-Step program of Alcoholics Anonymous. This is an important, built-in support group that provides encouragement and accountability long after the initial addiction treatment process has come to an end. The support groups that our licensed therapists conduct generally revolve around healthy and effective communication, the offering of mutual support, providing insightful and beneficial feedback and expressing feelings emotions without anger or aggression.
In order for a client to fully embrace the overall addiction treatment process, he or she must fully grasp and comprehend the disease model of addiction. Our educational group therapy sessions highlight the numerous psychological, biological and neurological factors that contribute to substance abuse and dependence. We provide clients with a comprehensive overview of active addiction, addiction recovery and relapse, helping them prepare for any challenges they may face during their own recovery journeys.
Life Skills Training
Many clients lose their ability to function at a basic human level while they are active in their addictions. Our life skills training classes teach clients how to deal with practical and essential life skills, such as finding and maintaining a job, becoming financially independent and keeping their personal space clean and tidy. Our main goal in life skills training classes is preparing clients for a return to fully independent living, and ensuring that they are equipped with the tools they need to be functional members of society.
Ready To Begin Your Detox?
We Offer A Safe & Effective Program
Don’t let addiction control your life.
Call us today and let’s get you started on the path to a better you.
Relapse Prevention Groups
Many individuals who struggle with addiction are used to reaching for chemical substances when life gets tough. In our relapse prevention groups, clients will learn how to identify and work through their personal relapse triggers, they will learn how to effectively manage uncomfortable emotions and they will learn to express their needs when they are feeling unstable in their recovery.
Experiential Group Therapy
In our experiential group therapy sessions, clients will have the opportunity to participate in real-experiences and put the healthy coping mechanisms and life skills they have been developing to the test. We might take clients out hiking on a nearby trail, or take them to a restaurant in a public setting. In these situations, clients will utilize the tools they have been learning, gaining insight and self-confidence. At Boca Detox we believe in much more than merely treating the physical symptoms of addiction. We believe that every stage of the recovery process should be better preparing clients for the road ahead, and for the inevitable challenges they will face when they eventually transition back into fully independent living.
Begin Healing Now!
Have A Call With One Of Our Treatment Advisors
Don’t Suffer Any Longer
Contact Us to Learn More
Therapeutic intervention is an important and frequently overlooked part of the medical detox process. At Boca Detox we effectively treat the symptoms associated with drug withdrawal while providing our clients with the tools they need to continue along on their personal journeys of addiction recovery. Getting started is as simple as reaching out for help. Once you make initial contact, either through our website or over the phone, you are put in touch with one of our experienced Treatment Advisors who will answer any additional questions and walk you through our simple admissions process. We begin by conducting a brief pre-assessment, which helps our medical team determine which detox methods are the best fit for you. We offer a free, no obligation insurance benefit check and arrange local transportation to our Boca, Florida detox center. All you have to do is reach out for help, and we will take care of the rest.